We’re looking for a Senior Animator who’s excited to work with a dynamic, innovative team, using their experience in animating gameplay concepts to the next level. This position will be working with the Head of Game Design, the Lead Animator and the animation team designing and implementing 1st and 3rd person gameplay animation as we expand our platform. You will be responsible for using documentation, prototyping, animating, engine implementation, and of course, play! We are especially interested in someone who has previously built first person animation and is a whiz at Unreal Engine 4 and 5. The right candidate will also have experience working in Maya and other applications that will be needed during production. Working with the team will take a lot of quick thinking and willingness to explore what’s possible in order to innovate, evolve and create the world of Play-Fi.
Who are you:
You are someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and occasionally go above and beyond what their job description says on paper, and of course, someone who REALLY loves games.
Our ideal candidate is
- Passionate - to breathe life into characters through gameplay.
- Driven - by the challenge to create gameplay animations that are not only visually pleasing but also responsive.
- Adaptable - in creating animations that are rough for fast prototyping whilst also able to take things through to final.
- A team player - focused on helping the team achieve their goals by mentoring and being actively involved in reviews and feedback.
- Innovative - able to work in unconventional ways on tasks that require creativity.
- Achievement-oriented - enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail.
- Collaborative - seeking to work extensively with other disciplines to come up with solutions while championing animation’s needs.
- Tech motivated - constantly learning and leveraging new technologies and tools for use in workflow and pipeline.
- Deliver high quality final 3D gameplay animations (key frame & mocap).
- Ability to work rough and fast to prototype mechanics with other departments.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of how animation supports gameplay mechanics.
- Implement animation assets into Unreal Engine 5.
- Provide feedback and actively participate in reviews with your colleagues.
- Actively discuss issues and requirements with other departments.
- Strong animation background in games AA - AAA (4+ years) - Shipped titles and years.
- Experience in 1st person/fps view model animation. - Animation reel required.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of animation and how to adapt them to achieve different styles.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Expertise in gameplay animation using a 3D package - Maya preferred.
- Experience with agile development.
- Nimble and able to prioritize and problem-solve quickly.
- Strong collaboration skills within and across disciplines.
- Demo reel showcasing your talents and experience.
- If a non-native speaker, advanced level of English.
- Experience with mocap and creature animation.
- Ability to build Unreal animation blueprints for gameplay from scratch.
- Experience with tools such as animbot, auto riggers, etc.
- Rigging experience.
- Scripting skills a bonus.
- We offer a total employee experience which includes:
- Competitive Compensation, Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive health plans
- Remote work environment
- $90,000 - $110,000 / year
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying